Platinum Jubilee Street Parties

District Council provides advice for Platinum Jubilee Street Parties

West Oxfordshire District Council is providing advice for residents who want to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee by holding a street party on the first weekend of June this year.

Advice for safely hosting street parties to celebrate the Jubilee, including applying for temporary licences and road closures can be found on –

The Cabinet Member for Communities said,

“As we look to celebrate the achievement of Her Majesty the Queen celebrating her 70th year as monarch, we can now safely enjoy this milestone with Covid-19 restrictions having been removed to join together as a community and celebrate this occasion.

“Residents across the District may want to host street parties to celebrate, but may be unsure how to organise a gathering safely. We have a dedicated webpage offering advice and information to guide you through organising your celebration. You can find information on applying for a temporary licence, applying for a road closure and how to let all your neighbours know you’re planning a get together to celebrate.”

The District Council web page explains that for the majority of small, private street parties, organising them can be simple and people will most likely not need to apply for a licence. However, larger events or those that will be selling alcohol or holding live performances, will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice, which costs £21. To apply and find out more visit

Residential cul-de-sacs or other minor roads not used for through traffic routes may be able to apply for a temporary road closure to host a street party. There is no charge for this application, but applications must be submitted by 31 March 2022, to apply and find out more, visit the West Oxfordshire District Council’s Jubilee event page –